Friday, November 19, 2010

I am St. Vincent de Paul

 
CALL FOR PHOTOS!

For all of you who have been wondering how you can help save St. Vincent de Paul now is your chance. We are creating another video with a positive message in support of our church. Please make a simple sign of your choice, see example photo above. Your sign can say anything in support of St. Vincent's. Please include the name St. Vincent de Paul with any other message you'd like to add.
Examples include: member for 10 years, married here, my spiritual home, faith, hope, met my wife here at my best friend's wedding, graduated 1935 or anything else you like.

As you may know our leadership has claimed that only a small number of parishioners are not in favor of selling the church. This is our response to that misrepresentation. Our Bishop needs the truth.

So please get some paper, a marker and a digital camera. The more photos the better. Please email photos to: choward3@stny.rr.com before December 1st.
 
Faith built St. Vincent's Church, have faith that we can save it!

5 comments:

  1. How was Dessert and Dialogue? Any dialogue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there was a lot of dialogue between parishioners and DD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are a great way to create a memorial to the church!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was dialogue. Actual conversation took place because very few of those who attended use 3x5 cards! When the questions got to difficult though it ended. I'm guessing by the numbers and the questions that may not be too many more desserts to attend. Of course all of the council and staff were required to attend. This is my first such event and the SOP members did a great job of trying to pull necessary information from the leadership. Leadership continued to do its best at dancing around the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was baptized at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My brother and sisters were all baptized at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I attended school at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I received first penance at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My brother and sister received first penance at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I received first communion at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My brother and sisters received first communion at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I became an altar boy and served until I was 18 at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I attended my father funeral Mass at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I was confirmed at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My brother and sisters were confirmed at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I was a member of the last class to graduate the school at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I became a Eucharistic Minister at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I was in the Choir at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My wife converted, entered the faith and was confirmed at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I was married at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My brother and sister were married at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My first child was baptized at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My second child was baptized at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I attended my second child’s funeral Mass at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My 5th child was baptized at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I attended Mass at least once a week my entire life (until school and military service took me away) at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I attended my mother funeral Mass at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    My 5 remaining children, wife and I still drive to and attend Mass on Holidays and several times a year at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I contribute to the collection at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
    I remain a part of St. Vincent de Paul Church and St. Vincent de Paul Church remains a part of me.
    Colonel (ret) Thomas G. Kane, Esq. 629 Adams Road, Carlisle, PA 17015

    I will try to get a picture from the family as well.

    What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete