Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Closer to the Heart

Okay, so when I think of those who have charge of us I think of this song from the group Rush:

The lyrics:

And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start
To mold a new reality
Closer to the heart
Closer to the heart
The blacksmith and the artist
Reflect it in their art
They forge their creativity
Closer to the heart
Closer to the heart

Philosophers and ploughmen
Each must know his part
To sow a new mentality
Closer to the heart
Closer to the heart
You can be the captain
I will draw the chart
Sailing into destiny
Closer to the heart



3 comments:

  1. this is too funny! I've been re-listening to Rush for the last couple of weeks - they are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I've been revisiting some of the music of my younger days. Rush is still an incredible band. Their lyrics have always been a spiritual banquet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this, Gretchen!!!!!! I have been listening again due to an interest by my daughter
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete