Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Conversion

I don't know if any of you have heard of Robin of Berkeley. Robin (not her real name) has been blogging about her political and now religious conversion for awhile. She posted yesterday about her ongoing conversion to the Christian faith. It is a beautiful thing to behold a soul awakening to the truth of Jesus Christ. From her latest post:

But then something happened after a few months: My understanding deepened. When I went to these churches, I had questions. . . challenging ones. I was troubled to discover that not all was okay in most of these churches.


Many of them were too focused on worldly matters, like material success. The majority of services were feel-good experiences about how much God loves all of us. Conspicuously missing, in my mind, was what we have to surrender to live in God. And those pesky concepts of sin, evil, and hell were clearly off limits to placate the congregants...

Read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment