Friday, October 28, 2011

The straight and narrow path

Testimony of a 'Cradle Catholic' from Cleansing Fire. A snippet:

And so I embarked on the journey that is the 19th Annotation of the Spiritual Exercises. I learned to look at my life and my faith in a whole different perspective. That is, to do God’s will and not my own. I started to see that for most of the previous 4 years, I was more wrapped up in what I wanted the Church to be instead of what Jesus and the Holy Spirit had intended. I started to see the importance of rules, rubrics and the expectations of the member of the “body of Christ” as a means to an end, not a stumbling block.

As I thought and prayed about how I would answer Ben’s question, I began to rework the question in my mind. I do not think of myself as one who went from being a “liberal” Catholic to a “traditional” Catholic. I see myself as someone who has learned what it really means to be “Catholic”.

No comments:

Post a Comment